Delivery Driver/Hire Assistant ref: CA07
Employer: John Parker & Son Ltd
Location: Canterbury, UK
Live On Site Until: 12 February 2018 11:59PM
Applications Close: 12 February 2018
Job DetailsSalary: £22,000
ParkerSteel is the largest steel stockholder & processor in the UK and has been successfully trading in the engineering and steel industry for over 100 years. As a family run business, we are focused on continuous innovation and improvements that are implemented collaboratively with our staff. Our company has rapidly grown due to the investment in technology and our staff. At the heart of our business, is ensuring our staff are motivated, engaged and developing. All our staff members undergo continuous training and development programmes to help them gain new skills, recognised certificates and the opportunities to further their career with us. As well as free training and development opportunities all our staff have access to a great variety of high street and online discounts via our PerkBox staff scheme.
If you would like to join a vibrant, progressive and innovative company, we have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, self-motivated individual to join our busy Hire shop at our Canterbury site.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Delivering hire equipment including plant and help loading and unloading of equipment as needed
• Ensuring all hire equipment is in a safe and satisfactory condition and paperwork records are kept up to date. This includes using electrical testing of equipment.
• Assisting with repairing petrol and diesel plant belonging to Parker Hire.
• Assisting with repairing all hire fleet electrical machines.
• Attending breakdowns on site.
• Dealing with customer repairs
• Assisting with daily procedures of the Hire Department
Skills and Experience Required:
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Have a full UK driving license C1, No DR10
• CPC Trained
• Possesses Digital Taco Card
• Electrical PAT Test Certificate
• Working at Height Certificate
• Experience in maintaining Plan or Tools
• The Ability to diagnose problems effectively and carry out minor repairs to dealers spec
• Company Pension
• Life insurance
• Perk box
• Employee discounts scheme at Parker Tools
• Employee discounts schemes
Powered by: Webrecruit