LGV Driver - Class 1 (Nuneaton) ref: NUN/LGV/210217
Employer: Fowler Welch
Location: Nuneaton, UK
Salary: £Competitive Salary Plus Excellent Benefits
Live On Site Until: 16 March 2021 11:59PM
Applications Close: 16 March 2021
Start Date: ASAP
Job Details*** The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is of the upmost importance to us. If you are invited to attend an interview you will be asked to complete a screening questionnaire, and we would ask that you do not attend any interviews or assessments on site if you are self-isolating or if anyone in your household, including yourself, are displaying any symptoms of the COVID-19 virus.
We will be making the necessary adjustments to our recruitment processes to ensure we follow Government guidance which could result in recruitment taking longer than we would like, thank you for your patience and understanding while we adapt our ways of working during this time ***
Are you looking for stability in a role offering great benefits and regular hours? Then we want you!
We are Fowler Welch – a multi-award winning logistics provider who deliver a range of products and services to retailers and wholesalers across the nation. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and promote being an employer of choice.
Most importantly, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the highest quality service to our customers without dedicated, knowledgeable and experienced colleagues. This is why we strive to create a working environment that is enjoyable for all.
In your role as a LGV Driver, you will be operating refrigerated articulated vehicles, delivering and collecting chilled stock from Local and Regional Distribution Centres as well as Farms and Packhouses across the UK. You will receive a competitive basic salary with increased shift premiums for weekend and night hours. Overtime opportunities will be available to increase your earning potential, as well as occasional nights out.
In return for your hard work and dedication we offer the added bonus of an excellent benefits package, which include – but are not limited to – the following:
• Fully funded CPC training that takes place on a paid working day
• Fowler Welch ‘Safedrive’ Scheme – we reward our drivers on safe, efficient and legally compliant driving, with the potential of earning an extra £1,000 a year!
• Fowler Welch ‘Collision Free Year’ awards and associated yearly prize draws
• Coveted ‘Driver of the Year’ accolade – highlighting our very best drivers and rewarding them with prizes including £500 of vouchers
• Free Life Insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary
• Competitive Pension Scheme
• Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers
To be considered as an LGV Driver, we need you to have the following:
• Cat C+E Licence (Class 1)
• A good understanding of the legal requirements regarding tachograph and driving hours
• Professional manner and conduct when dealing with our customers
Previous experience within a similar driving role is not a requirement for us – we will take on newly qualified drivers with a hard working attitude and a willingness to learn.
To be considered for the role of an LGV Driver, please apply via the button shown. Apply today and join us on the road to success!
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Powered by: Webrecruit