Waking Night Support Worker - Irthlingborough ref: AUT-WNADRD-UMN11
Employer: Alderwood LLA
Location: Addington Rd, Irthlingborough, Wellingborough NN9 5UT, UK
Live On Site Until: 04 December 2020 11:59PM
Applications Close: 04 December 2020
Start Date: ASAP
Job DetailsWaking Night - Addington Road (Full Time)
Addington Rd, Irthlingborough.
Are you a friendly and patient individual looking for a profession where you can take real pride in what you do? Want to take on an engaging role where you can change lives on a daily basis?
If so, this is an incredible opportunity to undertake great training, significantly increase your skill-set and build a highly-rewarding career as a Waking Night Support Worker.
Who will I be working for?
We’re Alderwood LLA (Living and Learning with Autism), we provide outstanding residential care and supported living for young people and adults with autism and challenging behaviour.
The four pillars of our organisation rest upon the following aims:
To Live and Learn
- we live and learn Autism to enhance the lives of those we support
To be Inclusive
- We put the people we support at the forefront of everything we do
To be Transforming
- We transform people’s lives, those we support and our colleagues
To be Holistic
- We are holistic in our approach to improve the lives of those we support
Our Addington Road residential home provides accommodation for up to four young people with complex autism. Our Addington Road service, also known as 'The Flats', provides a specialised residential service that boats four individual flats for the young people.
We’re currently looking for a number of Waking Nights to join the Addington Road team on a full time basis and provide excellent care to our residents.
Why should I join the team?
- Salary of £9.80 per hour
- 23 days paid holiday
- Continuous career development and progression opportunities
- Your own personal development portfolio to guide your progress with us
- Pension (with 4% contribution)
- Death in service benefit (x2)
- Awards for long service and referring a friend
- Recognition schemes (including employee of the month)
With an award-winning approach to staff development, a job with Alderwood LLA is the ideal springboard into a rewarding career in care. You’ll be given all the support and tools you need to deliver the high-quality service that we are renowned for.
You’ll receive your own 1:1 mentoring programme to guide you through your first six months with us, as well as interactive group training from colleagues who have already been in your shoes as one of our Support Workers.
So, if you want to empower people to achieve their best and work with a friendly team who share your passion for helping others, we’d love to hear from you.
What will my role involve?
As one of our Waking Night team members, you will provide a high level of support to residents at Addington Road.
Taking a holistic, person-centred approach to care, you will:
- Help to deliver bespoke care and learning plans
- Assist with various activities throughout the night to ensure the safety and support of the individuals
- Support our residents to increase their independence
- Carry out domestic and catering duties
Sounds great! What do I need to apply?
While no experience is required to join us as a Waking Night, you will need:
- To be patient, kind and understanding
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- A proactive and positive attitude
- To be hard-working and reliable
Other organisations may call this role Residential Support Worker, Trainee Care Worker, Junior Carer, Care Assistant, Healthcare Assistant, Day Support Worker, Trainee Personal Care Assistant, Trainee Social Care Worker, Junior Social Worker, Night Worker, Night Support Worker.
This is a full time role, working 35 hours per week. Shifts are 21:15 to 07:30. Example rota patterns can be provided on request.
The organisation is committed to safeguarding vulnerable groups and will require the successful applicant to complete an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing their role. It is expected that all staff are committed to safeguarding and working within the guidelines set out by Alderwood for vulnerable people.
Alderwood LLA are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you think you could succeed as one of our Support Workers, please apply via the button shown.
Powered by: Webrecruit